Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh POOP!


Hey guys! I had a pretty good....but long day! My food choices were MUCH improved and I'm feeling good!  I think I'll start by telling you about the WONDERFUL start to my day....


My son has been going to an occupational therapy camp for the past 2 weeks.  (He is 2 years old...will be 3 next month)  WELL...on the way there I smelled the smell ALL mothers just LOVE...poop.  My son has a lot of sensory issues...so poop is fun...according to him. The smell doesn't bother him and he gets his hands on it any chance he gets.  Often times at the most inconvenient times.   With that being said I prayed that he wouldn't touch it...we were only 2 or 3 minutes away from our destination.  Why did I even think I'd be that lucky?
I looked back and saw every mothers fear.......poop EVERYWHERE!  I could have DIED.  So we get to our destination and get wipes out to at least clean him up a little bit.  I knew that I would have to take him home to bathe him.  I went in and told his teacher that we would be coming back...I was soooo embarrassed to tell her why.  So we got home, cleaned up, and he went back to camp and had some fun.


Anywho...that was the start to my day.  BUT I did get a good start to my day by having a GOOD breakfast.  I had a bowl of Kelloggs All Bran cereal with half a banana in it.  It was SUPER yummy.  It tasted like Total(which I love!).   Only 2 points!  I had water to drink!  P.S....I got the All Bran FREE by signing up for a free sample!  Can't beat FREE healthy cereal! For all of you that know me...you know that I love free! (If you want to find out how to get FREE samples and cheap groceries be sure to check out my other blog...Just a Clip Away!)

For lunch I was at work again..and I had a heaping pile of green beans(YUM), a couple bits of Hungarian Gonaush(YUCK!), and a roll!  My lunch total was 3 points!

For dinner I splurged(because I only had 5 points all day)!  I had some DELICIOUS chicken tortellini!  I also had a roll with it(if you can't tell I'm kind of a carb-o-holic, but I am working on that).  So total it was 10 points!
Night time snack consisted of grapes..my son actually ended up stealing most of them for me.  Oh well!  And I had a little treat...a mini Almond Joy!

Total points for the day:  19


I feel so empowered.  I am not as hungry as I used to be...I don't feel like I want to eat all the time.  You should have heard my internal dialogue at 10 AM....I was having a fight with myself over whether or not I should have a piece of candy....well my GOOD side won!  I call that a success!


Is anyone else dealing with a toddler who plays in poop? What do you do to get them to stop??

No comments:

Post a Comment