Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Food is NOT the enemy



I AM MY BIGGEST ENEMY!  It seems like everytime I try to start a diet I do well for awhile, and then I sabotage myself.  I'll eat GREAT for about a week or two, and then the FIRST sweet or anything unhealthy that makes its way into my mouth turns into two sweets, three sweets....you get the picture.  I need to learn self control.  It is OKAY for me to have a cookie every now and then, but ONE is enough.  Trust me, I won't live without the occassional cookie.  For now, instead of a sweet EVERYDAY, I'm going to have one every other day.  That is enough to supress the craving and get me on the right track. 





I want to try some yummy "clean eating" meals.  Right now I am reading Emily Eats Clean.  All the food on there looks yummy and its HEALTHY!  I think I'll try my first "clean" meal next week!  I want to try the meal above for lunch next week.  What is it?  Well, it's a veggie sandwich and strawberries(YUM)!  I'm going to skip on the the sea salt twigs.  This is what is in the sandwich 2 slices of bread(I'll use one slice of wheat bread) stuffed full with romaine lettuce, peppadews, broccoli slaw, cucumbers, a tomato slice, and dill hummus. 



Does anyone else "sabotage" themselves after they start a diet?  Please share your story in the comment...I don't want to feel like the only one! lol

2 comments:

  1. I think you just have to remember it's about the overall picture. There will be days in the month where you HAVE to have that taco or CHOCOLATE! But, if you are filling up on good foods - fruits and veggies then you can't go wrong. My trick has been to have a larger breakfast - eggs, jalapenos, and whole wheat toast and really limit my supper (I usually eat off a kid-size plate). Between this and jogging, I've lost 20 lbs and have 10 more to go. I rarely feel deprived! I figure if I eat the way I make my kids eat, I should be fine! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Anonymous 7/21/10 is Lisa Manley. Pushed the wrong button!!!

    ReplyDelete